Build Your Niche Site Side Hustle Plan
- Launch your blog. If building a blog feels like a scary or intimidating experience check out the Launch Your Blog Course. We highly recommend this course which will get you up and running on WordPress in 30 days or less.
- Pick a webhost. You will need a fast and reliable hosting solution like WPEngine (it?s what we use to power all of our WordPress sites).
- Register your domain. You will need to purchase your brandable domain name from a domain registrar. There are many to pick from, but we?ve used GoDaddy for more than 15 years, and highly recommend them.
- Pick your theme. You will want to use a premium WordPress theme – we use the Genesis Framework with comes free with WPEngine hosting. They offer a number of amazing themes, including the Magazine Pro Theme which is what we?ve used to build SearchSandbox.com.
- Find quality images ? we recommend Pexels and Unsplash (both free).
- Create quality content. Build your baseline content by leveraging a resource like iWriter or HireWriters (you can always create your own content to start and then outsource once you?ve started driving some side hustle revenue).
- Drive Traffic. Check out our separate post on traffic generation.
- Build your list. To build your list you?ll need an email marketing platform ? we use and recommend ConvertKit.
- Expand your content. To expand your content quickly, you could leverage an automated media drip campaign ? we use and recommend MissingLttr.
- Maintain patience and a positive mindset. Side hustle success isn?t built over night. This will take time ? the key is getting started today!
If you?re looking to jumpstart your niche-site side hustle, hire us to do all of this work for you!? We have a 60-day launch program that will tackle all of the steps above.? We also give you access to our team via a Slack channel to help you along the way.